Water flooding is commonly used to increase production rates and to maintain pressure in oil and gas fields.
The injected water must meet quality specifications that depend on the productive formation characteristics of the reservoir to be flooded.
Water for Injection
• The suspended solids content in the injection water significantly affect the economic performance of a water injection system, since this has a direct impact either, on filtration cost and on formation damage.
• Water treatment & filtration system is essential to control solid contaminants
Benefits of Filtration
• Maintain minimum reservoir pressures
• Maintain constant injection volumes and thereby oil production capacity
• Prevent formation plugging and/or damaging
• Protection of high-pressure injection pumps